Introduction to International Arbitration
Date: 13 & 14 January 2022
Bookable until: 25 December 2021
Number of spaces: 18 of 20
Course Fee: 10 000 RUR or 150 USD or 120 EUR
For arbitrators, included in the United Recommended List of Arbitrators and databases of specialists of the RAC before 11 November 2021, discount of 50 % on the course fee is applicable.
Assessment fee: 95 GBP (candidates will be contacted by CIArb to complete the assessment fee payment after the Course start).
The course will provide an understanding of the general principles of International (i.e. non-domestic) Arbitration and its relationship to other dispute resolution processes. If you are new to the field of international arbitration and/or you want to learn about its benefits to users, then this is the ideal course for you. Book your place now to be able to:
- Understand the background to international arbitration.
- Describe the process and procedure of international arbitration.
- Grasp international arbitration in the context of other forms of dispute resolution.
- Compare dispute resolution procedures.
- Learn the fundamental principles of the international arbitration process.
- Manage the arbitration process including communications, the preliminary meeting, and interlocutory matters.
- Deal with factual and opinion evidence and disclosure of documents including an introduction to the IBA Guidelines.
Shall your arbitration background be ahead of this Course program please consider the course Module 1. Law Practice and Procedure International Arbitration.
Course is delivered online via Zoom over 2 half days on 13 & 14 January 2022 (to reduce screen fatigue).
The assessment will be carried out by an online multiple-choice test accessed via Moodle. Candidates must achieve a minimum overall mark of 55% to pass the course. Results are available immediately on completion of the test and will be to the candidate. The assessment fee is not included in the course fee, must be registered and paid for separately. In case the assessment is done successfully candidates receive a certificate on completing the course.
Assessment fee: 95 GBP (candidates will be contacted by CIArb to complete the assessment fee payment).
After completing both the course and online assessment, you are eligible to apply for Associate membership of CIArb (ACIArb).
There are no entry requirements for this Course. Participants are requested to complete the Course Application Form and return it to Elizaveta Mikaelyan. Upon successful registration on the course, candidates will receive a booking confirmation. Joining instructions and course materials will be available approximately 3 weeks before the course start date.