In January 2023, the Russian Institute of Modern Arbitration will hold the Winter Academy on International Arbitration “Across the Arbitration Universe: Different Perspectives on Dispute Resolution in the Modern World”.
The schedule of the Academy is built around courses on human rights in international arbitration, its interplay with state courts and other methods of dispute resolution, the special features of arbitration across the globe, etc. Particular attention will be given to the counsel’s skills and the role of arbitral tribunals and their secretaries.
The lectures will be taught by the eminent international practitioners featuring:
- James Claxton (Independent arbitrator and mediator)
- Doug Jones (Chartered Arbitrator, Atkin Chambers)
- Christopher To (Gilt Chambers)
- Cecilia Azar Manzur (Galicia Abogados)
- Janet Walker (Chartered Arbitrator, Atkin Chambers)
- Sophie Nappert (International arbitrator in independent practice)
- Emilia Onyema (SOAS University of London)
- Aleksandar Jakšić (University of Belgrade)
- Joe Liu (JLIU Dispute Resolution Services Limited)
- Francis Xavier SC (Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP)
- Ksenia Koroteeva (Lévy Kaufmann-Kohler)
- Evgeniya Goriatcheva (PCA)
- Victoria Khandrimaylo (HKIAC)
- Eugene Thong (The Arbitration Chambers)
The Academy will be held on 16–27 January 2023.
Format: online. The working language: English. Requirements: fluency in English and interest in dispute resolution. Experience, relevant internships and taking part in moot courts may be also considered. Participation Fee: Free of charge.
Deadline for applications: 15 December 2022.
The Advisory Committee will select up to 35 participants.
Should you have any questions, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org.Winter Academy on International Arbitration "Across the Arbitration Universe: Different Perspectives on Dispute Resolution in the Modern World"
Regulation on the Winter Academy of International Arbitration 2023