24 October 2017 в 19:00
Discussing arbitration in a comparative perspective
Discussing one of the most topical issues in arbitration in 2017 – third party funding.
- What are the prospects for TPF in Russia?
- Why has Hong Kong enacted special legislation about TPF in arbitration?
- Which are the ethical aspects of TPF and does TPF cause any conflict of interest among arbitrators, counsels and funders?
- How does TPF affect legal market?
- Should TPF affect allocation of costs between the parties to arbitration?
- Who provides financing and how is it regulated?
- How to find a TPF provider?
The leading practitioners from Russia and Hong Kong, that has recently adopted new TPF legislation, will discuss these and some other practical questions concerning TPF in arbitration.
Yuri Babichev, Head of Group, International Arbitration, Goltsblat BLP LLP
Chiann Bao, Counsel at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
Joe Liu, Managing Counsel, Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC)
Michael Redman, Director, Burford Capital
Moderator of the discussion
Andrey Gorlenko, the Executive Administrator, Arbitration Center at the Institute of Modern Arbitration
For registration, please send an email to email@example.com
The number of seats is limited
The language of the discussion: English
Date and time: 24 October, 19.00
Venue: Center of International and Comparative Legal Research, Moscow, Kadashevskaya naberezhnaya, 14, 3.